Gold costs climbed early Monday to a five-week high as the risk of a trade battle in between the United States and China drove investors to look for haven in secure properties.
* Area gold edged up 0.3 percent in very early profession to hit $1,350.76 each ounce, its highest possible considering that Feb. 19, before easing back to be level at $1,346.62 at 0113 GMT.
* Gold increased 2.6 percent last week, its most significant once a week gain since September 2017.
* U.S. gold futures for April delivery dropped 0.2 percent to $1,346.70 per ounce.
* Fears of a full-on profession war in between the United States and also China battered Eastern shares once more on Monday, maintaining the safe haven yen near a 16-month peak. Versus a basket of currencies, the dollar index was flat at 89.432.
* The U.S. has actually gone against global profession policies with a query into copyright as well as China is ready to safeguard its passions, Vice Premier Liu He informed U.S. Treasury Assistant Steven Mnuchin, state media stated on Saturday.
* Federal Reserve authorities on Friday said they intend to see even more details concerning new toll policies prior to making a decision whether any plan response is warranted, holding to their view that more interest rate hikes are required.
* European Union leaders called on UNITED STATE President Donald Trump on Friday making long-term an EU exception from UNITED STATE metal import tasks, saying they scheduled the right to respond "in an in proportion manner" to secure the bloc's interests.
* Trump's selection of John Bolton as national security consultant prompted strong responses around the world on Friday - and couple of more powerful compared to in the bitterly-divided Middle East.
* An elderly Iranian official stated on Sunday it was "shameful" that Trump had actually called Bolton as national safety consultant because of his ties with rebels which Iran sees as "terrorists", the state news firm IRNA reported.
* Gold speculators 裴蕾代表作 cut their internet long setting by 23,822 contracts to 121,838 contracts, UNITED STATE Commodity Futures Trading Payment data revealed.
* Physical gold demand in Oriental locations slouched this week as greater global costs made buyers hold back on acquisitions and as price cuts in India widened to their greatest in 6-1/2 months.
* Autonomous Republic of Congo's mines preacher rejected a proposal by mining firms on Friday to soften some arrangements in a new mining code in exchange for greater royalties.
( Coverage by Eileen Soreng in Bengaluru; editing and enhancing by Richard Pullin).